Feb 22nd, 2012
2012 Honda CBR1000RR
Call 02-9893 7588 or email our sales team for all Information.
* New styling package includes a new nose, layered main fairing and a tail section which bring a more aggressive and dynamic look to the 2012 CBR1000RR.
* Introduced for the first time on a production motorcycle, an advanced new rear shock uses a double-tube design to ensure smoother and more accurate response, superior damping and improved traction. The 2012 CBR1000RR also features inverted 43mm telescopic front forks with Showa’s Big Piston technology, offering improved damping, increased front tyre grip and better stability under braking.
* New fuel injection settings for the 999cc inline-4 engine, make it even smoother and easier to use, particularly at smaller throttle openings.
* Stunning 12-spoke cast aluminium wheels provide more consistent rigidity to work with the new forks to deliver improved handling.
* The new CBR1000RR Fireblade uses a multi-function LCD instrument panel now with lap timer, gear position indicator, plus tachometer with 4 modes of display.
* The CBR1000RR focuses on the evolution of the fun of sport riding and ease of handling. In 2012, changes have been made to the front and rear suspensions and the wheels, which contribute significantly to manoeuvrability while offering improved stability under braking, increased traction performance when pulling away, and enhanced ease of handling for sport riding.
* The styling expresses a sense of speed and dynamic action that allows people to imagine sporty riding performance at a glance.
* Full LCD meters are adopted for a variety of functions, to further improve the user-friendliness of circuit riding.
* The 2012 CBR1000RR has a dynamic speed shape. The side cowl and lower cowl that constitute the front cowl have an intricately worked surface shape to allow truly nimble handling.
* The rear cowl has an extremely distinctive overhang to the right and left, offering up a sporty rear view.
* For the cover, the lines moving from the sides to the top on the left and right are emphasized, making edges more effective for a sharp feel.
* Along with adopting full LCD screens offering excellent visibility, the meters have higher functionality from the addition of features like a gear position indicator and a lap timer, for a truly race-inspired image.
* As in the previous machine, the CBR1000RR brake system is set with the standard type and the electronically controlled “Combined ABS”.
* In the front, as before, the machine is equipped with a combination of a 320 mm-diameter double disc and 4-piston opposing calipers. The calipers are radial-mount, lightweight and highly rigid monoblock type, with lightweight aluminum material adopted for the piston. And although the disc diameter is large, setting the number of floating pins to six allows for reduced weight. As a result, along with realizing direct responsiveness, the machine achieves nimble handling.
* Furthermore, the rear, as in the previous model, features a 220 mm-diameter disc and compact, lightweight single-piston calipers.
* The new CBR1000RR also features the world’s first electronically controlled “Combined ABS” for super sports bikes, developed by Honda in 2008 and loaded on the 2009 model, garnering rave reviews from super sports bike-loving riders all over the world.
* The lightweight and compact, liquid-cooled DOHC inline 4-cylinder engine features 76mm bore, a short stroke of 55.1mm and a total displacement of 999cc.
* Furthermore, as with the previous model, the cylinder surface is treated with a nickel-silicon carbide (Ni-SiC), ensuring strength and reliability even in extreme regions. And along with remarkable output characteristics, the engine is extremely lightweight.
* In addition to adopting from the previous model the Programmed Dual Sequential Fuel Injection System (PGM-DSFI), cultivated by racing technology, the engine also features a supported material with high adsorbability for the catalyzer in the exhaust pipe and muffler, for a high-output engine with cleaner exhaust emissions.
* For the frame, as in the previous model, a compact 4-piece type, aluminum die-cast frame is adopted, achieving both high rigidity and a slim body.
* Front and rear suspension that offer more stable damping force, wheels with reassessed rigidity, and a new cowl design mean the new CBR1000RR frame offers nimble handling with quick and superior responsiveness.